“WeCare 2020: Giving Back To Our Legal Community”
Many in our local legal community have lost their jobs or have had their hours reduced causing devastating financial losses. We have faced challenges before and by working together we can overcome our current challenges. In the spirit of helping others, the Western San Bernardino County Bar Association Board of Directors are proud to announce our WeCare 2020 program which will provide financial support to attorneys and staff of our legal community who have been laid off or have incurred reduced hours as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. The members of the Board of Directors to date have donated $5,000.00.
The Board of Directors are asking others in our community who have the ability to help with a donation to this wonderful cause to contact the Western San Bernardino County Bar Association’s Executive Director, Lindsay Partridge at her email address at email@example.com to donate.
The following are eligibility guidelines and procedures for requesting a grant from the WeCare 2020 program:
Criteria for Receiving Program Assistance
What is it? One time Grant to Legal Staff that has been impacted by COVID-19 by loss of work or hours.
- WHO CAN RECEIVE? Legal Staff: which will be defined with input by the board, but would include legal secretaries, case managers, paralegals, law clerks, and receptionists working for a law firms in San Bernardino County. This is also extended to San Bernardino Superior Court personnel.
- EMPLOYMENT STATUS: The applicant would have to provide contact information for their former employer if laid off, and current employer if there was a reduction of hours. The Western San Bernardino County Association Executive Director would then contact the employer to confirm the applicant was in good standing with the law firm at the time of the hours reduction and or lay-off.
- CURRENT WORK: Applicant cannot currently be working for another employer.
- NOT ELIGIBLE: Employees of any board member would not be eligible.
- In order to reach the entire county, the Board of Directors has authorized an email blast to our members and also has sent emails to the Executive Director and the Board of Directors of the SBCBA, High Desert Bar Association and the local family law association.
To apply for this grant, please fill out the Application located here and e-mail the completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org.